Domestic Violence 102: In Her Shoes will review domestic violence (DV) & use the In Her Shoes tool to give attendees a deeper understanding of what survivors face in an abusive relationship. Discussions will focus on dispelling DV myths & refuting the “why doesn’t she just leave” mentality by exploring barriers to leaving. The importance of practicing self-care & recognizing vicarious trauma will also be highlighted.
* Take part in an interactive learning activity called In Her Shoes that gives participants a glimpse at the day-to-day experience of a woman surviving domestic violence. Use this tool to better understand the effects of abuse & abuser tactics.
* Discuss myths & facts of domestic violence and barriers to leaving an abusive relationship.
* Explore options for survivors.
* Learn about vicarious trauma & discuss the importance of self-care.
Presented by Dara Snyder (YWCA of Greater Portland)
* This workshop fulfills training required for 40-hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training.
* We welcome participants with special needs. Please let us know if we need to make any arrangements. Please contact Dara Snyder at email@example.com or (503) 294-7395.
Pricing and Registration:
General Admission/Non-Profit Organization: $30
For-Profit Organization: $60